Lavatory Patrol in the USA*
- At any point in the United States there are approximately 800 vice cops staking out public bathrooms.
- The average vice cop spends 4 years on bathroom patrol.
- Vice cops are allowed to use video recorders while on bathroom stake outs in 12 states.
- Vice cops spend up to one year in training before bathroom assignments.
- Simply moving any part of a foot or hand, umbrella or clothing into an adjacent stall, or looking into a stall, or tapping a foot while in a public bathroom is enough to land you in jail for lewd behavior in all fifty states.
- Over 198,000 men are charged for lewd behavior while in bathrooms each year.
- Across the U.S. it is estimated that over one million sexual encounters take place in public bathrooms each year.
*U.S. Department of Justice Criminal Fictitious Statistics Unit Annual Report 2005