Sunday, July 03, 2005

A MADMAN'S BLOG.

I've located Joseph E. Duncan III's Blog.

Duncan is the individual accused of kidnapping Shasta Groene (see my blog posting immediately prior to this one), and possibly will be charged in the killings of Groene's two brothers, her mother, and step father.

http://fifthnail.blogspot.com/

His final posting's make it clear he is close to the breaking point - shortly before the killings. He hints at other crimes as well:

Friday, May 13, 2005
Still Confused

My blog entries lately are erratic and full of a lot of B.S., for that I apologize. I am just trying to put down what is in my head, regardless. As far as "taking people with me" well, I don't know if that is right or wrong. In fact, I don't know much any more what right and wrong even is. My view is either everything is right (in some regard) or everything is wrong (in some other regard). The question (one I am struggling with at this point) is, "Does it matter?"
Does anything matter? My mother is crying right now, because her son is in trouble again. She tried to raise a good son, and she knows her son has a good heart, so why does he do these things? She is probably more hurt and confused than me. Does it matter? It hurts me to know these things, but DOES IT MATTER???
A hundred years from now, all my mothers pain will be forgotten, and other mothers will cry for there sons. A million years from now there probably won't be any mothers (at least not like we know).
I have feelings, in fact I think I must be more sensitive than most people because I seem to feel more than they do, at least more than what they openly express. I feel for the starving children and families in the world, others say, "Oh, that's too bad, but I can't do anything so..."
I wish I could be more honest about my feelings, but those demons made sure I'd never be able to do that. I might not know if it matters, but just in case, I am working on an encrypted journal that is hundreds of times more frank than this blog could ever be (that's why I keep it encrypted). I figure in 30 years or more we will have the technology to easily crack the encryption (currently very un-crackable, PGP) and then the world will know who I really was, and what I really did, and what I really thought. Also, maybe then they will understand that despite my actions, I'm not a bad person, I just have a disease contracted from society, and it hurts a lot.
I hope to complete this journal before I die (soon) or turn myself in (I still might do that, I think it is the right thing, but of course, I'm not sure).
Speak of being sure; I wish I could be sure about my thoughts. But right now the only thing I'm sure about is that I'm sure about nothing. It is not a good position to be in considering my circumstances (being a felony fugitive and all).


And yet another post:

Sunday, April 24, 2005
Wrestling With Demons


7:21 PM
Yes, I am still alive. I honestly wish not, I just don’t know how to kill myself so it makes sense. Nothing makes sense to me right now. Last night I realized I was “scared and alone.” Being scared doesn’t bother me as much as being alone, but it is a fate that I probably chose sometime before I was ever born because I’ve been making the decision to fight my battles alone since I was a small child. The current battle is of epic proportions (I do not make this claim idly either). It is a battle between me and my demons. Only two people in the world have a clue as to the power and nature of my demons (besides me) and they will probably never read this. But just the same, these demons are stronger than even I gave them credit for, and now they are taking my best blows and not even staggering. I’m afraid, very afraid. If they win then a lot of people will be badly hurt, and they’ve had their way before, so I know what they can do. I’ve been praying a lot and asking God for help. I’ve asked him to step in and intercede directly, because I see no other way at this point that I can win. If you are reading this, and you believe in God, please pray for God to help me defeat my demons. God has shown me the right choice, but my demons have me tied to a spit and the fire has already been lit. I don’t know if the right choice is even an option any more!


Yes, I know, it's morbid - but it is useful information too.

If more people had read Mein Kampf, and taken it seriously, maybe there would have been no WWII.

Needless to say, people are finding his blog, and posting comments like crazy.

Caution: When I surfed to the very first page of this blog archive (January 04?), which you can't reach through the link I provided above, a TROJAN may load on your PC!

My virus scanner stopped this, but I find that very odd, that a TROJAN could be downloaded off of a blog page.

1 comment:

JeromeProphet said...

The encryption is only as powerful as it's weakest link - the passphrase (or what he might have used in place of one).

Unless he's somehow adequately stashed the private key (or parts of it), and any trail to it, so that it can't be found his plan would fail.

They won't even bother trying to break the encryption, once they have the private key, they'll do a brute force hack on the passphrase.

At this point, with computing power the way it is, a passphrase would need to be several pages of text long - and randomized (using all characters in the ASCII character set) to make things difficult.

email jp

  • jeromeprophet@gmail.com

copyright

archive

visitors

evworld

Slashdot

Wired News: Top Stories