Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow Day!

At work today we were told to go home due to the snow.

It didn't take much convincing. Worst part about it was how everyone was leaving at once.

Created quite a delay in the parking lot.

Traffic was pretty bad too.

Still I'm home.

Shoveled the snow out front, and laid down some salt pretty heavy.

Lay the salt now, and avoid having to break up the ice later.

I am so glad I have my SUV. It handles much better in the snow than my compact.

That's all I have to say for now.

Oh, we're supposed to get ten inches of snow here in Central Illinois. Springfield, Illinois usually can handle that much snow without much trouble, but we'll see.

Today is the last day of January, the 31st, and the winter of 2007-2008 has already shown itself to be totally insane. From much warmer that usual weather to very low temperatures. From ice storms to snow storms. It had definitely been a real winter.

No comments:

email jp

  • jeromeprophet@gmail.com

copyright

archive

visitors

evworld

Slashdot

Wired News: Top Stories