Saturday, June 21, 2008

Jimi Hendrix - Back From The Dead


Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (Woodstock 1969)
.
Dreams From The Longest Morning of 2008

.
...
.
I. The Unremembered Dream

In this post I review a series of "dreamlets", that is snippets of dreams which lead into each other. There was a snippet, seemingly the starting point for the sequence of later dreams which followed. I struggle now to recall that first dream which I can sense, but not recall.

I recall the later dreamlets better because they came closer to the end of my dream experience. I must make a decision, try to go back to the beginning, and lose all of the dreams, or pick a safe place to begin my dream recall.

I chose to play it safe, and to recall what I could, and to allow the first dream to remain a mystery.

All the tens of thousands of dreams that we dreaming creatures must experience over the course of a lifetime, and yet only a small fraction are ever recalled. I wonder how important dreams are to who we are, and how it is that we know so little about that part of our experience.

.

.

II. The Zombie Wormhole

The first dreamlet that I can recall involved a type of wormhole. The kind portrayed in movies like Stargate. This kind of wormhole is an opening to another space-time.

There were ZOMBIES in my dream - yes, this dream is about Zombies, and wormholes!

In the dream there were only a handful of non ZOMBIEFIED people left in the time and space in which I was visiting. I had a mission - to save those few non ZOMBIEFIED people which were near the verge of being eaten by the ZOMBIES.

I used some kind of small hand held device to open a worm hole.

The worm hole began to swirl, and air started rushing into it.

I suspect the wormhole led to outer space, and the planet's atmosphere was rushing through the wormhole toward the vacuum of space.

For some reason I wasn't entirely afraid of the wormhole - probably because I could shut the wormhole down. But I also wasn't afraid of being sucked into the wormhole because the vortex didn't seem strong enough to pull me into it - not by much anyway.

This swirling whirlpool like wormhole was having a great affect upon all the other people which by the way were ZOMBIES! They were slowly getting sucked into the wormhole from all points near and far.

Except for a few others who were not ZOMBIES, every other "person" was flying past quickly and swirling into the wormhole.
.

.

III. Jimi Hendrix - Back from the Dead

The next dreamlet has an entirely different set.

I'm on a street corner, in a suburban setting, and I hear people on a nearby sidewalk talking about a most interesting topic. What are they discussing? Being able to bring back the DEAD!

And as proof of this new day - a day in which people no longer need to fear death - it turns out that JIMI HENDRIX has just been brought back from the dead.

Jimi Hendrix' body has been reanimated straight from the GRAVE and he's walking around for the very first time since his untimely death - and only a few steps from me.

While he is not acting like a ZOMBIE, he is not exactly acting like he is all that happy to be back either. He seems very confused, very fragile, and very hungry.

Jimi Hendrix has just been told that he had died, that he had been dead for a very long time, and that he has been BROUGHT BACK FROM THE DEAD. And he is hungry.

JIMI is wearing all white clothing, and I feared that he was on the verge of going ZOMBIE.

A handful of people bring him out of the street and into a MCDONALD'S where they offer him some food and something to drink. They sit with him - only just then discovering that he has risen from the dead. And they are not frightened, but instead treat Jim Hendrix, as if he is a celebrity - a celebrity from the dead.




IV. Magic Oil Can of a Future Past

The next dreamlet's storyline has me suddenly appearing within a racing car.

I'm not sure if the car I am in is a race car, or just a car that is racing very fast. I'm supposed to be there, and no notice is taken of my simply being there - even though I have no idea why I am there.

There are others. There is one person sitting in one of the rear passenger seats, and the driver.

There is some talk between the driver, the rear seat passenger, and "me". I end up having to fake my way through the conversation because I really don't belong there.

There is some mention of a "can of oil" which I found. The style on the oil can dates to an earlier era - when oil was a new product. I found the style interesting and decided to keep the can.

When I show the "oil can" to the race car driver the style of the "oil can" changes into a futuristic style, and I am confused. I put the "oil can" into a backpack that I have, knowing that it is valuable, and that I will need it - but why I do not know.

At the end of the road upon which I am traveling the dreamlet transforms into another dreamlet.




V. A Gift for the Dead

In the last dreamlet I make my way to the top of a hill. There is a fine looking home atop the hill. I walk into the home, and find that I am at a party to which I haven't been invited. I see that the people there are older. I decide to leave.

I try to make my way out of the home, but I am confused by its style of construction, and so I decide to climb to the upper level of the home. The house is on a hill, is multi level in design, and has an exit at one of the upper levels. It is a very beautiful home.

As I make my way upstairs I find no one there - except for an old man. He is frail. His daughter who is downstairs would not approve of me disturbing the old man for fear of his poor health.

As I approached the old man I recalled (how does one recall something in a dream) that I had seen some gravestones outside of the home behind a row of trees (down the hill a bit).

I reached into my backpack, and pulled out the "oil can" and discovered it had been transformed into a bottle of wine. I was walking toward the man to offer him the bottle of wine, when his daughter started coming up the stairs, and I felt it was time to leave.

I asked the old man if he wanted the bottle of wine, and he said no, that I had another use for it, and so I held it in my hands, and rapidly made my way to a large patio door leading outside the old man's room. From this location I could see that the house was atop a hill, and was surrounded by trees, and that the ocean wasn't far off in the distance.

When I looked past a row of trees which were nearby I saw a row of gravestones, the same one's I had seen earlier in my dream as I walked up the hill (to the house). I knew that I was supposed to do something with the object I held in my hands.

I looked down at my hands again, and noticed the bottle of wine had transformed into a small statuette of a lighthouse. I walked along a path behind the house toward the gravestones, and found a circular spot overlooking the row of stones, and I placed the lighthouse statuette there.

As a sign of remembrance, and respect.


I Awoke - The End.

I greet the summer of 2008.

No comments:

email jp

  • jeromeprophet@gmail.com

copyright

archive

visitors

evworld

Slashdot

Wired News: Top Stories