Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Chrysler Conquest SRi

Springfield, Illinois - The Chrysler Conquest SRi

Click on the photo to enlarge it. I just thought this car looked very retro in a Mid 1980s kind of way. In fact I had never even heard of this car until today. I gave it the walk around, and snapped some photos of it. I then looked it up on Wikipedia. Made by Mitsubishi, and sold in the U.S. by Chrysler. The rear of the car (I didn't post the pic due to license plate) has wording that it is a "European Import", but I'm not sure how that could be.

Someone has taken very good care of this little red sports car for the last nineteen to twenty four years. If you check out the rims they look original, and are in perfect condition along with the rest of this car. Sort of as if someone had just transported it to 2008 from 1985!


A Red Chrysler Conquest SRi

The Chrysler Conquest doesn't shout luxury, and is an odd looking car from my perspective here in 2008. Some slight modifications, and this car would have been sex on wheels, but there's too many straight lines for me. Still I find the style peculiar to the 1980s, and therefore interesting in a historical kind of way.


Red Chrysler Conquest SRi in Springfield, Illinois

The front turn lights and air intake make the front of the car look like a squished fish face. No front license plate completes the sporty look. Definitely Japanese in style. Chrysler stopped making Conquest SRi at the end of the 1980s, and so I guess it was a kind of "New Wave" sports car for those who couldn't afford a porche.

By the way, the suped up version of this car took many victories in various races at the time.

I took this photograph from the parking lot of the Super Walmart off Dirksen Parkway in Springfield, Illinois on Labor Day 2008.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that’s my car! You just didn’t want to show the back because it has Obama bin Laden and Drill Here, Drill Now bumper stickers on the back.

-Fake Rick Monday

email jp

  • jeromeprophet@gmail.com

copyright

archive

visitors

evworld

Slashdot

Wired News: Top Stories